Lunches on the AIP need not be much of a challenge. I usually eat leftovers, but sometimes, I want a little some’um-some’um. This salad is one of my go-to lunches, or light dinner items. Hopefully, you’ve made some Falling-off-the-bone Crockpot Chicken to have handy (See how all this comes together? You can do this! 😀). The cooking that you do ahead will pay off for you when you need something quick!
AIP Caesar Dressing By Wendi’s AIP Kitchen – wendisaipkitchen.com
- 2 T. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 T. olive oil
- 2 T. coconut milk
- 1/2 t. cracked black pepper (omit for elimination phase of AIP)
- 2 anchovy filets
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped a bit
- 2 drops of honey
- 1 t. arrowroot flour (opt. for thickening)
Whirl all ingredients in a blender, or mini food processor until well-mixed and a little bubbly. Note: if you are making salad for more than two people, you may wish to double the recipe.
Chicken Caesar Salad
- Organic Romaine lettuce, cut in ribbons
- Organic cucumber, sliced lengthwise, with seeds scooped out, and cut in half moons
- Shredded chicken from Falling-off-the-bone Crockpot Chicken, or other protein
Toss desired amounts of lettuce and cucumber with desired amount of Caesar dressing. Top with chicken. Munch away!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.