Do you ever just need a little something to grab before you get real breakfast? Or for when you start getting hungry late in the morning, but it’s not time for lunch? Or you’re traveling, and you need a snack to take along? That’s why I invented these breakfast bars. They are basically chewy granola bars, but, I don’t know, AIP Granola Bars just didn’t have a nice ring to it. So, they are Apple Cinnamon Breakfast Bars. You have my permission to call them whatever you like.
I should tell you that I absolutely advocate eating a full breakfast of veggies, and a high quality protein source. But I also know that some people can’t digest a big ol’ country breakfast first thing in the morning. And also, LIFE. Anyway… Here ya go!
Have a wonderful, stress-free, healing kind of day!
Apple Cinnamon Breakfast Bars By http://www.wendisaipkitchen.com
NOTE: The hardest thing about this recipe – and it’s not really difficult – is the “ricing” of the plantain. To rice a plantain, simply peel it, slice it, pulse it in a food processor without any liquid until crumbly, and voilà! Since we are using a ripe plantain in this recipe, it might get slightly batter-ish. That’s ok.
- 1/2 C. sliced tigernuts (Not nuts. They are a root.)
- 1/2 C. tigernut flour
- 1/2 C. raisins
- 1/3 C. organic unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 T. collagen hydrolysate(opt., for protein and gut health)
- 1 t. sea salt
- 1 t. cinnamon
- 1/4 t. ground clove
- 1 ripe plantain, riced (See note above.)
- 1 small apple, peeled, cored and shredded (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 T. pure maple syrup
- avocado oil, or coconut oil for greasing pan
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine tigernuts, tigernut flour, raisins, coconut, collagen, salt, cinnamon, and ground clove.
- Add plantain, apple and maple syrup. Mix well.
- Grease an 8” X 8” baking dish with oil. Press the mixture evenly into the dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Cool and cut.
- Enjoy with your season of celebrating whatever you celebrate!!! 😋😋😋
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.