Ugly Soup may not be beautiful, but it is a beautifully tasty turkey vegetable soup. Make it in your pressure cooker!Jump to Recipe
Is it ok to eat soup before Labor Day? I’m going with it because I love soup all year round. So here you go – a soup recipe!
I gotta tell you, though, that I’m a little nervous to share this one with you. I mean, I love it, and the picky teenager and her friends even like it, but it’s just not…um… pretty. I hope we all have learned, though, not to judge a book (or a soup) by its cover.
Perhaps it would have been better if I had called it Turkey Vegetable Soup. Maybe? I would rather under promise and over deliver to you, so I’m calling a spade a spade here. It’s ugly, the poor thing, but it’s also yummy, especially if you use a really good homemade broth! 😋
About the pressure cooker…
You will notice that I’m not referencing an Instant Pot. See, I don’t have one. Mine is a Breville Fast Slow Pro that I was fortunate enough to receive as a gift. For this reason, the results you get with an Instant Pot may be different than mine. I suspect that the equipment is similar enough that we’ll get the same result. It’s soup, right?
One last tip…
Whether your soup is delicious or meh all depends on the broth, IMO. I used my recipe for homemade broth when I invented this recipe. If you are crunched for time, though, try Bare Bones Broth. Totes AIP! Yay! Also, the amount of salt you use will depend on the saltiness of whatever broth you are using. Taste, taste, taste.
I hope you enjoy Ugly Soup! Thank you for your understanding of its appearance. 😂 May it nourish and support you in your healing!
Ugly Soup (AIP, Paleo)Course: Main, SoupsCuisine: AIP, PaleoDifficulty: Easy
Ugly Soup may not be beautiful, but it is a beautifully tasty turkey vegetable soup. Make it in your pressure cooker!
- Crumble turkey on the bottom of the bowl of a pressure cooker. Add everything else in order.
- Pressure cook at 10.5 psi, auto release, for 15 minutes. Remove herb sprigs. Stir and serve!
- *The amount of salt you use will depend on how salty your broth is. This measurement is for my recipe of homemade bone broth.
- My equipment may be different from yours as I do not own an Instant Pot. Here’s hoping we get the same result!
- Cooking time shown above does not include time for the pressure cooker to pressurize and de-pressurize. That will depend on your equipment.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.