With a few easy ingredients, you can make this Pomegranate Rosemary Spritzer Mocktail to satisfy the desire for a fancy drink – minus the alcohol!Jump to Recipe
Boy, on a healing diet, you can really feel like an alien in social situations. When you tell people how you eat, you might get any or all of the following responses:
- “Omagosh, what CAN you eat???”
- *the fish-eye stare
- “Oh, I’m sooooo sorry. I’d DIE if I had to eat that way!”
In a situation where alcohol is served, the discomfort can be multiplied.
But take heart! Dry gatherings are becoming more popular, and some restaurants and bars actually have mocktails on the menu!
Here’s a lovely little recipe you can make at home when you want a special drink. The ingredients are easy to find in a regular ol’ grocery store. The combination of sweet pomegranate juice, a little tart lemon juice, a bit of herby rosemary, and some fizz is not only delicious, but it satisfies the desire for a social drink.
Random Things on the Topic
- For this recipe, I use POMwonderful pomegranate juice. It’s JUST pomegranate juice, and it’s yummy.
- Glassware… Hmmm. I feel all fancy serving these in a martini glass, but I think they could also be beautiful in a copper mug.
- For other holiday drinks involving pomegranate juice, try a Cos-mock-politan, or a hot, spicy drink like Spiced Pomegranate Wassail.
So here’s to a holiday season that is fun, and won’t derail your health! As always, I wish you great love and deep healing.
P.S. Do you have your Cut-out Sugar Cookie mix from Eat G.A.N.G.S.T.E.R. for your cookie decorating? It’s totally AIP! And if you use my not-so-secret code WENDISAIPKITCHEN, you can get 10% off your order. Click here!
We are a participant in the Amazon.com Services LLC Associates program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.