Coconut Cauli Rice Pilaf is a flavorful side dish – low in carbs and high in nutrients.Jump to Recipe
Let’s be honest. Cauliflower rice isn’t really rice, and not everybody loves it. (Ahem. 🙋🏼♀️) However, it can be useful. I wanted to create a cauli rice that I might actually want to eat. I did it! The picky teenager (who is becoming less so) actually ate it!
Anyway. This recipe is super easy, quick, and uses readily available ingredients. Save yourself some time and use pre-riced cauliflower. (I recommend raw, not frozen.) You can chunk up your own in a food processor, but if you’re like me, you need something of your AIP cooking to be easy and fast! Get the pre-done stuff.
This would be fantastic with last week’s Picadillo…
or as a side for Salmon w/Orange Maple Glaze…
or maybe even next to AIP Marinated Flank Steak!
Before I get to the recipe, I have something special and fun to share with you. I made a tongue-in-cheek video with 9 other AIP bloggers to illustrate the AIP life. If you need a little levity in your life – and who doesn’t? – check it out!
Coconut Cauli Rice PilafCourse: SidesCuisine: AIP, PaleoDifficulty: Easy
Coconut Cauli Rice Pilaf is a flavorful side dish to go with just about anything – low in carbs and high in nutrients!
- In a saucepan over medium high heat, melt the coconut oil.
- Add onions, and sauté until translucent, about three minutes.
- Add riced cauliflower, and sauté another three minutes.
- Turn heat down to low. Add remaining ingredients. Stir to combine. Heat through, and serve!
- * You can often find raw, riced cauliflower in the produce section of your grocery store. To rice your own cauliflower, remove any green leaves. Cut off the stalk. Cut cauliflower into chunks about 2”. Place them in a food processor with no liquid, or anything else. Pulse until it just resembles rice, taking care not to process too long.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.