Sweet Potato Apple Soup w/Bacon covers all the flavor bases. It’s sweet, salty, starchy, yummy and autumnal – but you can eat it any time!Jump to Recipe
I am unapologetically a soup girl. I am also a girl living in the south where fall has not yet visited upon us, so I am doing incantations. By the power of sweet potato and all things pumpkin spice, I shall summon fall from my kitchen!
This is the soup I made last week, when the highs were in the upper 80’s, and the humidity stubbornly remained in a similar range, except in the mornings when it was 100%. Because that’s how I roll, people. Also, because…bacon.
There are a couple of things you’ll need for this recipe:
*A good blender (I use this one. It’s not fancy, but it’s a work horse!)
* Some already roasted sweet potato chunks (I have a recipe here.)
*Some amazing bone broth (Here’s how to make your own.)
Sweet Potato Apple Soup w/BaconCourse: Soups, MainCuisine: AIP, PaleoDifficulty: Medium
Sweet Potato Apple Soup w/Bacon covers all the flavor bases. It’s sweet, salty, starchy, yummy and autumnal – but you can eat it any time!
- Prepare all ingredients before starting anything else. This is important. You’ll need to work quickly to prevent burning.
- In a soup pot over medium heat, sauté bacon until very crisp. Do not allow the bacon to burn. Remove bacon from the pot with a slotted spoon to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Quickly add onions to the remaining bacon grease. Sauté until translucent. Add apples, salt and thyme. Sauté for a minute, or two. Add sweet potatoes, and sauté until they are soft. Add bone broth and vinegar. Heat through.
- Working in batches, purée in a blender until very smooth. Return to pot. Heath through. Garnish with bacon pieces and scallions.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.