Elegant, easy, beautiful and delicious, this roast is perfect for Christmas, or any wintertime dinner. By now, you might be bored of turkey, but you still need something festive to serve. And you may be short on time. And patience. And maybe even holiday spirit… Please do not despair. Try this. It would be lovely with Christmas Kale Salad, or maybe AIP Mashed Potatoes. Or whatever. You do you.
Here you go! Enjoy!
Pork Roast w/Cranberry Orange Glaze
- 2.5 lb. boneless center loin pork roast (NOT pork loin)
- 1 1/2 t. sea salt
- 1 t. pepper (omit for elimination phase of AIP)
- 1 t. garlic powder
- 1 t. onion powder
- 1/3 C. freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1/3 C. filtered water
- 1/3 C. pure maple syrup
- 1 C. fresh cranberries
- 1/2 t. sea salt
- 1/2 T. orange zest
- 1/2 T. chopped, fresh rosemary
- 1 T. arrowroot flour
- Thaw roast in fridge if it was frozen. Begin next steps about 3 hours before you intend to serve.
- Place roast on the counter for thirty minutes to come up to temperature. (Do not skip this step. You don’t want your roast to be done on the outside, and cold on the inside!)
- Pre-heat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Line roasting pan with foil. Place a rack on the foil.
- In a small bowl, mix together salt, pepper, garlic powder and onion powder. Over a plate, sprinkle the mixture all over the roast, putting most of the rub on the fatty side of the roast.
- Place roast, fat side up, onto the roasting rack.
- MAKE THE GLAZE: In a small saucepan, bring orange juice, water and maple syrup to a boil. Add berries. Bring back to a boil. Turn heat down to medium low. Add salt, orange zest, and rosemary. Simmer for ten minutes, smushing the berries as they cook. Take glaze off the heat. Add flour, and whisk until there are no flour lumps. Berry lumps are ok.
- Take out about 1/2 cup of the glaze, and spoon it over the roast. Reserve the rest of the glaze to serve at table.
- Put roast in pre-heated oven for 2.5 hours.
- Test with a meat thermometer. Ensure the roast is 170 degrees at its center.
- SERVE with the extra glaze on the side.
- Enjoy the compliments. 😁
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.