These Teriyaki Chicken and Pineapple Skewers are gluten free and soy free – but you wouldn’t know it! The taste is fantastic, and they are super easy to make.Jump to Recipe
Oh, yes, my friends. You can still have teriyaki on the AIP, despite giving up soy! (Whoever invented coconut aminos – THANK YOU.) These skewers have all the taste that you remember. I serve these to my family, and not once has anyone complained that they miss the soy sauce, or that the food lacks flavor. Nope, nope, nope. Tastes just like the real thing!
Now about a side… if you have successfully reintroduced white rice, you’re golden. If not, cauliflower rice works just as well. Really. There’s enough flavor here to carry the whole dish. I’ve pictured it here with cauli rice:
You can grill these, or bake them. If you grill, you might get some char👆🏼, but I happen to like char, and I don’t think anybody ever died from it. Anyway. Here you go!
Teriyaki Chicken & Pineapple SkewersCourse: MainCuisine: AIP, Paleo, JapaneseDifficulty: Easy
- If you are planning to bake these, pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees. If grilling, fire up the grill, and set it on medium-medium high (about 400 degrees).
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, whisk together the first five ingredients.
- Cut the chicken tenders into 1.5” chunks, avoiding that nasty vein thingy that is in each tender.
- Place the chicken chunks in the marinade. Turn to coat. Set aside, and let it marinate for twenty minutes.
- While the chicken is marinating, peel, cut and core the pineapple. Cut it into chunks of similar size to the chicken.
- Skewer the chicken and pineapple, being careful not to touch unused, fresh pineapple with your raw-chicken-contaminated hands.
- If baking, place skewers across a parchment-lined roasting pan so that the meat doesn’t touch the bottom. Drizzle leftover marinade over all. Bake for 25 minutes, or until cooked through.
- If grilling, drizzle leftover marinade over all, place the skewers on the grill, and cook each side for about ten minutes, or to your desired doneness.
- Serve over riced vegetable of your choice, or white rice, if successfully reintroduced.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services, LLC Associates program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.