Apple Cinnamon Acorn Squash is a five-ingredient side dish that is tasty enough to be part of your breakfast the next day! Or lunch. Or dessert. Or whatever.Jump to Recipe
Squash haters, this one is for you! I was totally surprised by how unbelievably buttery and delicious this recipe is. I’m not even sure how to categorize it. It can be a side dish, but it can also be an abso-freaking-lutely fabulous part of breakfast! Or even a dessert! No kidding! I’ve been having it every day with my breakfast sausage. Really yummy.
Here’s the best part. There are only five ingredients! This is a great way to sneak some nutrients into your kids (or yourself! 😁).
Of course, you could serve this on your Thanksgiving table. Here are some other ideas for side dishes for the holiday. 👇🏼👇🏼👇🏼 (You may want to double, or triple the recipes, depending on the number of people you are serving.)
From my kitchen to yours, I wish you a Thanksgiving full of friends, family, and gratitude. Happy Thanksgiving!!! 🍁🦃 🍁
P.S. Don’t forget to get your AIP pie crust recipe here. 🥧
Apple Cinnamon Acorn SquashCourse: Sides, VegetableCuisine: AIP, PaleoDifficulty: Easy
Apple Cinnamon Acorn Squash is a five-ingredient side dish that is tasty enough to be part of your breakfast the next day! Or lunch. Or dessert. Or whatever.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Lop off both ends of the squash. Stand it on end, and cut it down the center. (Tip: Rock your knife up and down, and it will cut easier. Don’t try to “saw.”) Scoop out the seeds.
- Rub coconut oil (1 tablespoon/side) all over the orange flesh. Place squash halves face up on roasting pan like two bowls.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until squash flesh is very soft. Remove from oven, and let sit until it is cool enough to handle.
- With a fork, scrape out all the flesh and melted coconut oil into a bowl. Add apple butter, cinnamon, and sea salt. Mix and mash thoroughly until it is creamy in texture. (You may want to warm it a bit before serving.) Garnish with apple slices, if desired, and serve.
- Let me know how you decided to use it (side? dessert?…)!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.