If you are not a fan of sweet potatoes, allow me to introduce you to white sweet potatoes. The taste is very similar to their nightshade counterparts, but without all the inflammatory properties. (Can I get an amen? 😳) White sweet potatoes are fabulous in soups, and I wanted to showcase them here.
This soup will not punch you in the face. It is more likely to wrap you in a warm blanket, and get your fuzzy socks for you. It is delicate, elegant, and even slightly sweet, thanks to the delicious and nutritious leeks. If you are looking for something warm and comforting for your tum-tum, ladle some of this into your bowl. Yum! 😋
White Sweet Potato & Leek Soup By wendisaipkitchen.com
- 1/4 C. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 C. white sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 C. leeks, white and light green parts, sliced into half moons (about 2 lg.)
- 1/3 C. grated carrots
- 1 t. sea salt
- 1/4 t. black pepper (omit for elimination phase of AIP)
- 1/4 t. onion powder
- 1 T. arrowroot starch
- 2 C. bone broth
- 1 C. full fat coconut milk
- Slice green onions for garnish
- In a large saucepan, or soup pot, heat EVOO over medium high heat. Add all vegetables and sauté for five minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium low. Cover. Sweat vegetables until soft, about ten minutes.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and onion powder, then arrowroot starch. Stir to combine.
- Add bone broth and coconut milk. Bring heat to medium, and heat through.
- Garnish with green onions, and serve with a smile. 🙂