There are times when you just NEED to nosh. You forage in the pantry, but all you find are sweet potato chips (that maybe you’re tired of), and tortilla chips (that give you a belly ache). To you, my friends, I offer a way out. Make your own crackers!
I must caution you, though. These are addictive. While the AIP doesn’t restrict calories, they still exist. My daughter and I once finished off a batch of these in about five minutes. 😬 I think I was just so happy to have an actual cracker to eat that I forgot to stop!
If you feel you can trust yourself with these, here is the recipe:
Cassava Lavosh Crackers By http://www.wendisaipkitchen.com
- 1/2 C. cassava flour (I prefer Otto’s)
- 1/2 t. sea salt
- 1/2 t. dried basil
- 1/2 t. dried oregano
- 1/4 t. onion powder
- 1/4 t. garlic powder
- 2 T. + 1 T. extra virgin olive oil
- 6 T. warm, filtered water
- Extra sea salt for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, whisk flour, salt, basil, oregano, onion powder and garlic powder.
- Add 2 T. EVOO and the water. Mix with a fork. You should have a workable dough.
- Divide dough in half. Make two patties.
- One at a time, roll the patties between two pieces of parchment paper to 1/8” thick (no thicker!). Don’t worry if they crack a bit.
- Place the two sheets on a silicone-, or parchment-lined baking tray. Brush with EVOO, and sprinkle with salt.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until they are golden brown and breakable.
- Let cool, and break into pieces.
- Try very hard not to eat all of them at once. 😋
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.