If you’ve ever missed fast food, or you are dreaming of picnics now that it’s spring, or you have children, here’s one for you. Chicken tenders! These are crunchy, thanks to plantain chips in the breading. Sure, it won’t be exactly like KFC, but it will be much, much healthier. For dipping, I’ve made an AIP compliant ranch dressing. Happy munching!
AIP Chicken Tenders By www.wendisaipkitchen.com
- 2 C. plantain chips w/sea salt, such as Terra
- 2 T. cassava flour
- 2 t. onion powder
- 1 t. garlic powder
- 1 t. sea salt
- 1 C. coconut milk
- 3 T. raw apple cider vinegar
- 1 lb. organic chicken tenders
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees. Line roasting pan with foil. Place a roasting rack on top. (If you don’t have a roasting rack, you could use a cooling rack, in a pinch.)
- Process the first five ingredients in a food processor until it is a fairly fine crumb. Empty into a bowl.
- In another bowl, combine coconut milk and vinegar.
- One by one, dip chicken tenders first in the liquid, then the crumb. Place them on the roasting rack.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes to desired doneness and color.
Three things: 1.) Please do use a rack so that the heat can get under the chicken, too. The coating could get gloppy if you put the tenders straight onto the foil. 2.) When you dip the chicken in the liquid, let it drain off a bit. We only want enough moisture to make the crumb stick. We don’t want glop! 🙅🏼 3.) Thanks for following! 😀
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.