This Tuna Bowl for One, a handy single serving size recipe, cooks up in five minutes once your ingredients are prepped.Jump to Recipe
You are probably wondering, dear reader, why in the world I am posting a recipe for one. Two reasons:
- Not every household in the world contains four family members.
- I know from experience that when one person in the house is eating AIP/Paleo, but the rest of the family is in the mood for takeout pizza, it is a good idea to have something you can whip up for a quick meal.
This recipe started out in a random way. I needed to make some lunch on a day that we didn’t have much in the refrigerator. As the saying goes, “Necessity is the mother of invention…”
I really liked the result – so much that I made it again and again. After a while, I realized that you might like it, too, and I should probably quit hogging the good stuff and share it with you!
A note about ingredients:
Tuna: I would like to introduce you to this brand of tuna, if you’ve never tried it before. (No, they don’t pay me to say that. I just really like it.) Big, delicious flakes of tuna are packed in olive oil by a company that supports sustainable fishing. It’s definitely not the tuna we knew as kids! 🙂
Olives: If you are in the elimination phase of the AIP, you may want to be cautious about which brand of olive you choose. Find one with just olives and salt like this one . No additives.
I hope I’ve convinced you to give this a try, and that it will become something you can whip up in a hot minute the next time your family has a craving for deep dish!
Tuna Bowl for One (AIP, Paleo)Course: MainCuisine: AIP, PaleoDifficulty: Easy
This Tuna Bowl for One, a handy single serving size recipe, cooks up in five minutes once your ingredients are prepped.
1/2 cup chopped white sweet potatoes
1 1/2 TBSP extra virgin olive oil
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/8 tsp pepper (omit for elimination phase of AIP)
1/2 cup chopped zucchini
2 leaves kale, stems removed and chopped
1/4 cup chopped green onions
1/2 five-ounce can tuna packed in olive oil
1/4 cup sliced black olives
- Microwave sweet potato chunks on high for 30 seconds.
- In a large saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add sweet potatoes, salt, pepper (if using), and garlic powder. Sauté for about 30 seconds.
- Add zucchini, kale and green onions. Sauté until the kale softens a bit, about 30 seconds.
- Add tuna and olives. Sauté until the veggies are done to your liking, and everything is heated through, maybe 20 seconds.