Need some AIP Gift Ideas? Some that are less usual, and more just-the-right thing? Read on!
If you have an AIPer in your life, you may be struggling with what sort of gift to give them. The usual food items won’t work. Flowers are expensive. (Cha-CHING!) You might even be mystified by the lifestyle adjustments they’ve made. What do you give for a gift?
I’ve got you.
As an AIPer myself, I’ve found a few things that may be considered unusual gifts, but really demonstrate how much you care for the well-being of your AIPer. And hey, if you want to TREAT YOURSELF, I won’t tell anybody. 😁
Your AIPer has to cook all the time, so anything you can do to make their cooking life easier will be appreciated.
Jovial brand pasta – (Be sure to get the cassava kind.) You may be thinking, “What’s the big deal about pasta?” To an AIPer who can’t have gluten, nor (nearly) every gluten free pasta out there, your AIPer will be thrilled to have a pasta they can eat like every one else. Just make sure the recipient can digest cassava OK. A box or boxes of AIP pasta? Unique!
Eat Gangster cookie and cake mixes – Baking on the AIP is nearly impossible, but this company has made it easy. The cookies and cakes are delicious, and they have a banana bread mix, too. Gift cards are available. You could give a variety pack of the mixes, or if you live near the person, you could surprise them with baked goods that are 100% AIP! Believe me, they will be overjoyed. Use code WENDISAIPKITCHEN to get 10% off your first order.
A basket of AIP ingredients – AIPers have to spend lots of money on specialty food items. What if you gave them a break and bought some of these items for a gift basket? Here are some useful ingredients, in no particular order
- Otto’s cassava flour
- Arrowroot starch/flour
- Tapioca flour
- TigerNut Flour
- Coconut aminos (soy sauce substitute)
- Coconut milk (Be sure you get a kind without gums in it)
- Alcohol-free vanilla
- Jovial brand pasta (Be sure it’s the cassava kind.)
- Terra plantain chips
- Artisan Tropic cassava chips
- Coffig coffee substitute (Made from roasted figs. Get the original, not the “Gold” kind. That has chickpeas in it, which isn’t AIP.)
I’m not going to list too many items in this category because your AIPer might be a little tired of being in the kitchen… Still, these items will be helpful.
- Instant Pot – This is for making bone broth, pressure-cooking meats, and many one-pot meals
- Glass food storage containers with snap lids – Very handy for batch cooking!
- Ball wide mouth pint jars and plastic lids – Stores bone broth in the freezer. Be sure they’re wide mouth!
Your AIPer may be a person who extends themselves for others. Help them do a little self care! Here are some items they might appreciate.
- Lavender Epsom soaking salts – Marvelous for a relaxing, inflammation-reducing bath
- Blue blocking amber glasses – Wear in the evening to prepare for sleep
- Bose noise-cancelling headphones – Blocks out ambient noise, and connects to podcasts, guided meditations, music, and has a built-in microphone for calls ($$)
- Weighted blanket – Melt anxiety and stress away with a nap under a weighted blanket
- Meditation cushion – This cushion will give them an excuse (permission, maybe?) to take a moment to breathe…
- Araza Citrus Illuminating Beauty Oil – This certified Paleo facial oil is applied before bed. Soothes irritated skin and smells DIVINE. (Personal note: I love this stuff.) Use code WENDI10 to get 10% off.
- Araza lip glosses – This certified Paleo makeup company makes lovely lip glosses that are not sticky. Use code WENDI10 to get 10% off.
- The Autoimmune Wellness Handbook: A DIY Guide to Living Well with Chronic Illness – This is one of my favorite books to gift people who have autoimmune disease. It is gentle, easy to understand, and contains some wonderful recipes, too.
- The Paleo Approach: Reverse Autoimmune Disease and Heal Your Body – This one is basically THE textbook for the autoimmune protocol, and it reads like one, too. If your AIPer wants to know aaaalllllll the science behind the protocol, this book is the one to get. There have been some slight changes to the protocol since it was written, but it’s still the go-to.
- The Autoimmune Paleo Cookbook: An Allergen-Free Approach to Managing Chronic Illness (US Version) – This was actually the very first AIP cookbook ever published! It’s still a goodie.
- The Autoimmune Protocol Baking Book – Does your AIPer love to bake? Do they think baking is a thing of the past? Gift them this book of 75 recipes to scratch the baking itch!
- 30-Minute Meals for the Paleo AIP – This is another e-cookbook, a ginormous collection of recipes for MEALS (123 of them!) that can be made in under a half and hour.
I hope this list will get your wheels turning on AIP Gift Ideas. I’m pretty sure your AIPer will be grateful that you support them, and took the time to search out a gift that will help them heal.
We are a participant in the Amazon.com Services LLC Associates program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
This post contains affiliate links, which means that I get a small fee for referring you at no cost to you. Thank you for helping to keep the lights on in Wendi’s AIP Kitchen! 🙂