These versatile Turkey Apple Sliders (AIP/Paleo) can be protein for lunch, dinner, or even part of a satisfying breakfast. Bonus: hidden veggies!
Sometimes the most humble things can be the most helpful in a healing diet. Take these sliders. You may look at them, and think, Yawn. Why do I need turkey sliders?
Those of us on AIP or Paleo diets are basically eating protein, fruit and veggies. We’re always needing some easy protein choices. These babies can benefit you a couple of ways. Not only are they an easy, cost-effective protein source, but they also contain bonus fruit and veg: carrots, apples, and green onion.
So what can you do with them?
- Serve them with fresh fruit and sauerkraut for breakfast
- Freeze them, and microwave one when you need it
- Cut them up, put them in a jicama wrap, top with Avocado Cilantro Dressing
- Put them on a lettuce bun, and top with avocado slices and Refrigerator Pickles (shown below)
- Use them to top Apple Fennel Salad for a meal
- Instead of soup and sandwich, try one of these sliders next to Irish Carrot Soup
You can see that there are many ways to use this recipe! 😀
One thing I like to do is introduce you to new ingredients, if you’ve never met them before. It keeps the fun in a healing lifestyle, and inspires creativity. The special ingredient in this recipe is alder smoked salt. (Wha….?) That’s right. It’s salt that has literally been smoked over alder wood. Now, you could just use plain salt, but why not try something new? 😀
We are a participant in the Amazon.com Services LLC Associates program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.