Only after a lot of genealogical exploration did I learn the extent of the Irish blood running through my veins. As if the green eyes, freckles and curly, reddish hair were not clue enough… 🙄 Anyway.
My mom used to make a carrot soup from an Irish cookbook she had. I loved that soup, so when I left home, she gave me a copy of the recipe. Of course, it was full of butter and cream and all things non-compliant. I have adapted it here, staying as close to the original Irish recipe as I could. I resisted the temptation to fancy it up, and instead, left it in its simplist form. Sometimes, simple is best. 🙂 Happy souping!
☘️ 💗 ☘️,
Irish Carrot Soup (AIP) By http://www.wendisaipkitchen.com
- 2 C. carrots, coarsely chopped
- 1 C. onions, coarsely chopped
- 1 C. white sweet potato, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 C. extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 4 C. bone broth*
- 1 t. sea salt, or to taste
- 1/2 t. pepper (omit for elimination phase of AIP)
- 1/2 C. coconut milk
*Homemade bone broth is the best. If you’ve never made it before, check out my recipe here.
- Put vegetables and EVOO in a soup pot over medium heat. Cover. Sweat until the vegetables are soft, about 7-8 minutes.
- Add bone broth, salt, and pepper (if using). Heat through.
- Working in batches, purée in blender. Please be careful. It’s hot!
- Return soup to pot. Add coconut milk. Heat through and serve.
- Raise a pint (of kombucha) to Erin and enjoy! 🇮🇪☘️☘️ 😉 ☘️ ☘️🇮🇪