Hello, beautiful people! (Yes, you are beautiful, just in case no one has told you that today. 😊) I’ve got a little something for your Labor Day grilling. We have reached that time of year here (the south) where it feels like autumn should be coming, but she didn’t get the memo. It’s still summer. Fine. I shall grill, and throw some fresh summer peaches on the grill, because OH MY WORD have you tasted grilled peaches??? 🍑
While we can’t have a real margarita (rocks, no salt for me, please and thank you) while on the AIP, nothing says we can’t have that flavor. This grilled chicken really does taste like you dunked a nugget in your maragarita. A little sweet, a little salty, a little lime-y. You can garnish with avocado and cilantro. If you use avocado, however, be advised that the blandness of the avocado can take up the saltiness pretty quickly, and you may need to shake on more salt at the table.
Best of all, you do not need one single weirdo ingredient to make this dish. And you don’t even have to tell anyone that it’s AIP. It’s just a normal dish – which also happens to be suuuuuuuuper easy to make.
BTW, have you downloaded your copy of 30-Minute Meals for the Paleo AIP yet? It has over 120 recipes for full AIP meals that can be made in thirty minutes, or less! Go get it. I’ll wait……………………
Margarita Chicken By www.wendisaipkitchen.com
- 1.5 pounds chicken breasts, sliced into 1/2” cutlets
- 1/4 C. freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/4 C. extra virgin olive oil (a.k.a. EVOO)
- 2 T. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 1/2 t. sea salt (see recipe notes above)
- 1 T. honey
- avocado and/or cilantro for garnish (opt.)
- Place chicken cutlets in a baking dish, or a zip top bag.
- Whisk together lime juice, EVOO, lemon juice, salt and honey. Pour this marinade over the chicken. Turn to coat.
- Marinate the chicken at room temperature for thirty minutes. Heat your grill to roughly 400 degrees.
- Remove chicken from marinade. (Discard the marinade after use.) Grill both sides until no pink remains in the center of the thickest cutlet, maybe five minutes per side. Don’t take my word for it, though. Check your meat!
- Garnish as desired, and serve. Suggestions: grilled peaches (😋) and Southwest Spinach Salad on the side, and AIP Black Forest Cake for dessert.
- Celebrate the last warm days of summer, for surely we will miss them about mid-February… 🌻☀️🌻